National Children’s Week at Prime Care Dental Wodonga
Prime Care Dental encourages adults to teach children good dental habits as part of Children’s Week (23–31 October).
Children who develop good habits early have a great chance of having them for life, avoiding dental disease, and having better overall health.
National Children’s Week was created to focus the attention of Australia on children, their achievements, and their needs.
In support of Australia’s children during the week, your Wodonga dentist is zeroing in on the importance of taking care of your teeth from an early age.
At Prime Care Dental, we want to partner with you in bringing good dental health to all our children.
Helping Your Children Learn Good Dental Habits
Children need to learn how to look after their teeth and gums while they’re young.
Here’s what you can do:
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Wodonga dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Prime Care Dental Wodonga Can Help
At Prime Care Dental, we make sure your child has a positive experience every time they visit. We strive to make it fun for them to encourage them to keep coming back.
We provide a safe environment for your children to be in. We also make sure they leave with a better understanding of why they need to take good care of their teeth.
We provide information on proper teeth care and maintenance, including brushing to flossing, to children and parents alike.
Finally, we bulk bill for young patients eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule, which provides basic dental services to qualifying children. CDBS services provide $1,013 over two consecutive calendar years.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Wodonga
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,013 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 340 Beechworth Road in Wodonga.
We look forward to hearing from you!