Professional Scale and Clean
Professional Scale and Clean Wodonga
Maintaining a healthy smile requires cleaning your teeth at least twice a day. Unfortunately, this type of practice is frequently overlooked, leaving teeth in need of more thorough cleaning.
A scale and clean is suggested every six months to avoid tooth decay and gum disease.
What is a Dental Scale and Clean?
Daily brushing and flossing your teeth is insufficient to eliminate persistent plaque and tartar buildup. It can only be accomplished with a scale and clean at your dentist’s practice.
A professional dental clean remove soft and hard plaque and stains that regular toothbrushing at home cannot remove.
Scaling and cleaning are advised every six months to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. It is painless and finds the sensations not causing any discomfort.
Why Do You Need a Scale and Clean?
You may need a scale and clean if:
- you have plaque or tartar that cannot be removed by regular brushing alone.
- cigarette smoke has blackened your teeth.
- drinks like coffee, tea, and red wine discoloured/stained your teeth.
- you have TMJ pain and other jaw joint issues.
- you want to take preventative actions to care for your teeth.
The Importance of Scale and Clean
Haven’t you seen the dentist in quite some time now? No worries, you’re not alone.
Most of us frequently believe that there is no need to attend the dentist because there are no obvious issues with our teeth. Shouldn’t just brushing and flossing suffice?
However, the reality isn’t like that. Plaque and calculus can cause a variety of dental disorders, ranging from cavities to gum disease if left untreated.
Plaque is a sticky coating that builds on your teeth every day and contains millions of germs. If you’ve ever failed to brush your teeth one night, a bacterial plaque has built up throughout the night.
Plaque releases acids when it sits on your teeth, which break down the enamel and create cavities. It releases toxins and infects your gums as it settles along the gum line. It can also cause gum disease.
A dentist can detect oral hygiene concerns early before they become a major problem. The professional clean that comes with every check-up eliminate plaque and calculus that ordinary brushing and flossing cannot remove.
You probably already realize the need for frequent dental check-ups for scale and clean if your dental health is essential to you.
Benefits of Scale and Clean
If you prefer to maintain your smile bright, here are some benefits of scale and clean;
#1. Make Your Smile Shine Brighter
Calculus/tartar can develop on your teeth over time. Before your teeth are thoroughly polished, your expert scale and clean eliminates any hardened calculus, as well as some surface stains.
#2. Maintain Your Breath’s
Dental cleaning aids in the management of the germs that cause foul breath in the mouth. Following a dental cleaning, your mouth will feel exceedingly clean, and your breath will smell exceptionally fresh.
#3. Gingivitis is reduced
Tartar contains germs, which may be removed with a scale and clean, lowering the risk of gum disease.
#4. Improve Your Overall Health
Your teeth and gums can significantly influence your overall health. An infection in a tooth can have major health repercussions. Scaling and cleaning can improve your general health and help you prevent significant health problems later on.
#5. Save Money
Preventing dental illnesses is significantly less expensive than treating them, and regular hygiene appointments can help you save money on your dental expenditures.
Professional Scale and Clean Procedure
At Prime Care Dental Wodonga, you will receive gentle and customized teeth cleaning and scaling procedure that takes around an hour to finish.
The procedure includes the following steps:
- Before starting the scale and cleaning, your Wodonga dentist will do a dental examination to ensure that you do not have any major dental problems.
- Ultrasonic cleaning equipment is utilized to remove plaque from pockets and places it below the gumline after the check-up. When brushing, this equipment can reach all of the hard-to-reach places.
- The top jaw – both front and rear – and the bottom jaw – both front and back – will be scaled and cleaned by your Wodonga dentist in order to finish the procedure. This ensures that no places are left unscaled and unclean.
- A fluoride treatment, gum check-up, as well as scaling and cleaning will be performed.
- After scaling, you might have a root planing done to reconnect your gums to your teeth.
Your Wodonga dentist may advise you to do a special dental routine to promote quick healing.
Root planing may need an additional visit and need to administer a local anaesthetic to numb the area.
Professional Scale and Clean in Wodonga
With a professional scale and clean, you can keep your teeth clean and cavity-free. Make an appointment today!
We are located at 340 Beechworth Road in Wodonga.